Sunday, November 30, 2008

Artist of the Week: The Get Go

Here's the deal, a couple of years ago, I was very sadden when I found out that one of my favorite bands was breaking up. That band being Chicago natives MEST. After ten years, the band felt it was time to go their separate ways. Lucky for me, I was able to be at their last show. That night is right up there with one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The band that opened for MEST that night was Allister, also from Chicago and one of my favorites. Fast Forward a year and a half later, I found myself at Allister's last show. With the lead singer settling down and about to start a family, they decided to end the band than getting a new singer. But from the end of these two bands, a new beginning was coming. Two of the members from Allister Scott Murphy(Bass) and Kyle Lewis(Guitar) told their fans that they would be putting together a new band, with Nick Gigler(Drums) formally of MEST. The band would also include Chris Dalle-Valle(Vocals) and Nate Thruman(Guitar) formally of another Chicago band Showoff. In July of 2007, the Band released The Get Go EP which included "Face in the Dirt", "You vs Me", "Tonight", and "Hello Again". The band would also release the Hello Again Ep,


but it would only be available in Japan. In May of 2008, after completing a tour which included a couple of sold out shows, the band released a video for "Face in the Dirt". Since then, the band has released a couple of more songs on their Myspace page. The songs include "Target", Somebody's Watching Me" and "Downfall". In September, the band announced that Bassist Scott Murphy had left the band. Since then, he has been replaced with Brian Lee. Recently the band announced that they had finished writing songs for a new album. They plan to release the new album sometime in 2009, but we don't have to wait long for new songs. Cause the band is also releasing a new EP for Christmas. This Tuesday, I'm gonna see these guys at a show, and if it's anything like the last time I saw them, it's gonna be one great night. That being said, this week's artist is The Get Go with their video Face in the Dirt, enjoy.



No comments: